Tuesday 1 February 2011

Draft of My Music Magazine

Front Cover

From doing my first initial ideas I have made a few changes to my front cover so it relates more to my magazine research.
I decided to change the music magazine from RMA to VIVA as I knew the majority of people would be using their initials; linking to NME. I also decided to use a band of 3 boys on the cover instead of just one singer; this is because most indie singers are in a band. I also changed the layout of the sub headings, instead of having a couple I chose to do 3 or 4 down each side; this idea came to mind after my music magazine research. Furthermore I also thought it would be easier to create my own band as I had a lot of inspiration from my past research. Finally as another change, for my photoshop rough cut I will change the price to £3.50 instead of £4.




Contents Page                                   For my contents page I kept it relatively the same by sticking with the same red, white and black colour scheme, but changed the rectangular box from just red round the outline to fully red as I thought this would go well with the contents title box. That was really the only change apart from the design and rough sketch of each image; as I realised it would be harder to take photos of a group with more than 4 members.
 Double Page Spread
For my double page spread this was also relatively the same as my initial ideas. The only new thing I added was a different quote from the band, as I thought the previous one was to similar to the Lady Gaga quote in the NME magazine. I also just refined my images giving the 3 band members facial expressions, poses and clothing to match with the bands indie music. Furthermore I made 'The White Fight' lettering merge into the trees at certain points, just to make it look more eye catching and not bland. However I think I will use an image of the band for the CD cover in the top right corner, as this would be easier and probably more effective. And also made the heading black to make it more quirky, bold and eye catching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment