Friday 28 January 2011

Original Images

Live Images for Contents Page                              For my live images I went to a gig at the Sage, Gateshead. The first image is of a support act who was called Daniel Martin Moore, these photos were hard to take as it was low lighting and I wasn't allowed to use flash. On photoshop I changed the lighting and adjusted the contrast to make it more crisp and clear. For my second image the lighting was better as it was a lively song. The photo is of the band I went to see was Iron & Wine. This image was a lot easier to photoshop as it looked relatively good to  begin with. I only really needed to crop the image so it focused mainly on the main singer (Samuel Beam) , I then also needed to re-adjust some lighting and the hue to make the image a little  more colourful.                                                                  
 Image for Front Cover

This image at first was too bright, but I think the lights were at a higher volume to begin with; which I could have fixed. To photoshop this image I reduced the brightness and cut out the background, I also upped the contrast to define the features on Euan (on left) face.





Image for Contents

This 3 person long shot was already good to begin with as I reduced the lights brightness, this made the image look a lot more clearer. Furthermore my main priority with this photo was to use the clone stamp to make the boys skin look a little cleaner and spot free; this worked really well and allowed the readers attention to be focused more on the expressions.







 

Image for Double Page Spread

For my double page spread image I originally started out using a landscape photo which didn't really work out, as it would have needed to be stretched a lot to fill the left hand side of the page. Where as the portrait shot of my band worked a lot better as it filled a good amount of the page up while leaving enough room for the writing. With this shot I needed to do a lot of work as it was slightly to bright, I wanted to clone stamp out the path behind the tree and I needed to fade out the right hand side of the photo. After photoshopping this image looked really striking as a DPS image.

No comments:

Post a Comment