Friday 28 January 2011

Week 5 Diary Entry: First Cut Music Magazine

Monday 7th March- On the first day I started by opening photo shop and creating my front cover. I had 3 days to get my first cut of this done, which seemed like a long time but I didn't realise that I would have to make a few changes; which took extra time to do. My first oobjective was to decide the font of the magazine title and the layout of the black and white lines one either side and the boxes at the bottom. Both turned out particularly well but I still had a bit of work to do.
Tuesday 8th March- After arranging the lines and boxes I moved onto the varying font styles that would be used to represent each of my bands. This turned out to be hard as I had to find the most effective way to lay them out, without being camouflaged by my magazine image; which I was taking later on in the week. Furthermore that night I went to see Iron & Wine at The Sage Gateshead, which I thought would be a great opportunity to take band photos to add on my magazine; these images turned out really well and will assist me in forming my contents page.
Wednesday 9th March- On the final day of my first cut of my front cover I was just touching up on areas which needed re-sizing or a change of colour; this included my big heading 'The White Fight' which is my made up band. I also started working on my contents page by organising the black lines forming boxes and the page number which would be located on the top left hand corner of each separate box.
Thursday 10th March- For this day I was focusing on my images that would be added on my contents page and how they would be arranged. This included my photo shoot which was of 3 boys who I asked to be in  my band. All the photos turned out particularly well and all I needed to do was photo shop them.
Friday 11th March- On this day I was just re-sizing my images to be placed on my contents and re- ordering the  layers so the band name was above the image. Afterwards I went back to photo shop and selected an image to be used on my contents page of my made up band 'The White Fight'. I used the clone stamp to make the skin look more smoother and gloving and I also used the brightness/contrast tool to lighten up the background so the band would be more eye catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment